01 July 2008

7/01/2008 - Lunch with the King - G13

GONG #13

Out of nowhere I decided that I should give Mr King a call. He was on his way over to a local Chai house so I decided to go meet him.

I met a nice lady who he told me was suffering from severe arthritis and practiced pikram yoga. I noticed her before he introduced me because she sat down on table next to us and was reading "The Pillarts of the Earth" by Ken Follett. I just finished this book a few weeks ago.

We were enjoying lunch and I was listening to his perspective on his roots (Pacific Islander/East Indian) when I looked above the register. GONG! Perched above the registered was a white board. Drawn on the white board was a symbol all too familiar to me that I immediately gasped and ask Mr King, "What does that mean?"

He stated that this was a Northern Indian Astrological chart. I looked closer and the chart (which almost exactly resembled my Think+ symbol) has a list of planets including the sun and moon on the right side with corresponding dates. The symbol for the sun was a circle with a dot in it. This is the exact symbol I have come to draw in different areas of my symbols.

The chart is a map of where the planets are for this time. The sun in this chart was in the center upper quadrant. This, reflected in the first iteration of the Think+ symbol, is where I placed the dot (the north diamond.) I was amazed and needed to know more.

On the way back to the office I called Leo and asked him if he knew what this chart was. At first he did not, but finally put it together with my description. "This is the Vedic Chart and I believe it has origins in ancient Hindu culture."

Here is an example of one the latest version of the Think+ symbol (Keep in mind I drew this over a week before I went to lunch with Mr. King):















This is an example of what was on the board:



















One interesting parralel I realized at this lunch is that I saw the Eye of Horus on the sign at Canteras Del Rey a few days ago. The word Canteras in spanish means either a certain type of volcanic rock sculptures (which I think is the definition on the sign,) quarry or players (as in performance arts.) Rey means King in spanish. I find it curious that I met Mr. King at a presentation where part of the discussion was revolving around quarries.

Facinating no?

No comments:

Post a Comment